April 12, 2010

One project down!

New year's resolutions....I ponder these every year and eventually never set them because, well, I can't keep them! This year though, we were having some issues with Will's behavior, namely not being nice to his sister and being very bossy to his friends. So, a few weeks into January we wrote down some 'rules' of our house. Everyone got to put their ideas on a post it. These were things we wanted to live by. Our list was short and looked a little like this:

Laugh Often (rob)
Be Kind (will)
Say please & Thank you (Will)
Share (addi)
Be thankful (mom)
Control ourselves (mom)
Pay it forward (daddy+ will)
Work hard

At first we had these sticky post its around the house and we'd look at them and then I found this: The coolest way to display new year's resolution. And I knew I had to make it. Well that was January and I just finished. 1/2 way through the year almost - better late than never!

I followed the tutorial pretty closely. There were some tricky parts to it, like the spray glue (it was stuck to my kitchen floor for over a week) and the contact paper piece (i went to 3 stores before 7am one morning looking for contact paper). But it was fun. I like projects like this because you can see the step by step parts to it. Its also fun to unveil the finished project.

Here it is on the top of the mantel:


And here's Rob so EXCITED to get this project out of the garage. One down honey, one to go!
oh...and he's pointing to "love" the word that he added at the end when Iw as left with too much room. I wanted "recycle". I lost.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

So cute! I love it :)