February 08, 2012

Whole30 Challenge

On January 16th, Rob and I dove into the Whole30 Challenge thru a local CrossFit gym.  I had gotten an email in my inbox a week prior and knew we needed something to recover from the holiday eating and drinking.  Plus we were wading thru the remodel and I needed something that I could control.  Now, over three weeks into it, we feel like different people.  Rob is sleeping better, no snoring, no allergies, and no crazy sugar hi/lows throughout the day.  I feel great.  Clean eating = clean living.  The Whole30 challenge means no dairy, no sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no grains, no gluten, and no alcohol.  Really, it feels like you can eat just about nothing in the beginning.  It's been hard...but not that hard.  And here we are almost at the end of the challenge and I don't want it to end.  I'm not sure I'll go back.  Maybe a latte here and there (that's what I miss most) but limited grains, sugar, and artificial sweeteners.

1 comment:

Cedar Hills Rob said...

Day 31 for Rob = Black Rock coffee...donuts from Bales Thriftway...Panda Express for lunch...what's next?!?