February 26, 2013

Daddy/Daughter Dance


This cute little tradition takes place every year around Valentine's Day.  The Rec Center that hosts the event upped the age limit so Addi has at least 2 more years of dancing the night away with her daddy....and then Kenedi will be up to take the reigns.  

Such a special night for Addi.  We started preparing the week before by picking out a dress.  I smartly stopped at a consignment shop to look for fancy dresses instead of spending a fortune on one.  Addi tried on 5 dresses and we had such a blast.  She was in the dressing room all alone and would change and then throw open the curtain to show me the dress.  She settled on two sparkly dresses.
 


We spent time on her hair and make up...nothing extreme.  I don't need to raise a diva, but I do think that taking the time to curl her hair and pick out the perfect lip gloss is enough to make her feel special.   We used LOTS of hairspray on her super fine hair.  She kept spitting in the sink to get the taste out of her mouth.

Rob bought here a corsage and the two danced the night away.  

Addi is such a little free spirit! She loves to dance, shake and move around.  She's cautiously ok with having the spot light on her and she's coming into her own confidence.  I love this little gal...and her daddy too for making it such a special night.   

No comments: