We woke up LATE today. At 9:00. Which is late for everyone but Will. Today's agend was for the Cubs game and because they were handing out Ryan Sandberg Rynos to the first 2000 kids, we had to be early to get in line. They were also letting the first 1000 kids run the bases after the game. So basically that meant we had to be first in line. We left the hotel at 10:00 and got to the field by 11:00. Wrigley is such a fun place to see a baseball game at. It's also packed. And in this particular day it was hot and humid. Awesome. Or kids of course began to melt instantly and only wanted ice cold water which was seemingly unavailable. Instead we settled for shade and warm water from a dippy cup that I had found in the diaper bag. We were the fourth family in line and when the doors open, the only line where he ticket taking machine quit working. Really?! I though Rob was going to get after someone. But alas, it started working and we were like every other crazed parent trying to get freebies for our kids (or us?). Rob squished his way into the most unorganized bracelet handing out booth j had ever seen. Imagine 1000 parents dying to have their kids run the bases, 1 table in the middle of the concourse with access from all around, no line and blue bracelets. It was chaos. Addi and will were sucked into the crowd by some nice man that saw them. They ended up with blue bracelets that let them in the special place to run the bases.
I'll be honest. The rest of the game was hot. Our seats were great, right along third Base line where you can touch the warm up catcher and they throw you foul balls. But I didn't sit there. I made my way to the 200 levels where there was room to move, shade, and a breeze. I really should let rob write this part because while I saw the game, I will remember most the many games of chase, the Popsicles, and lots of walking up and down ramps to keep kenedi occupied. When she finally fell asleep in the ergo I had to stay in constant motion to keep her asleep. Take me out the ball game!
But the kids had a blast, didn't get heat stroke, and ran the bases.
For dinner we went to Chicago for pizza at
Gino's east. The pizza is at least two inches thick and carries a pound of cheese. Awesome.
June 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment