January 28, 2014

growing up

Last night I was taking a shower after dinner...sick and not feeling well the shower went on and on as I soaked up every last bit of hot water.  As I was leaning against the shower door I looked out over to our ginormous soaking tub, trying to think of the last time it was actually used.  Felt like years ago and then suddenly I saw Will and Addi splashing around...maybe 5 and 3 years old.  Will was kicking Addi, she was crying....that's usually how baths ended in the big bath tub!

Time flies with kids.  So fast.  I remember Will's sweet little pudgy face just like it was yesterday.  And Addi's round chubby cheeks...I loved those cheeks!  I was sad for just a minute, for time lost and just memories that were left.  But at the same time, I'm so excited to see what's to come.  I love Will at 9 years old.  At 9 he is funny, tells jokes, confident, well behaved, and such a good helper.  He understands that little eye contact that his sisters miss and is still so sweet.  He still calls me mommy, wants to me tucked in at night, and gets his feelings hurt when people say mean things to him.  I love nine years old.  5 was tough and there were so many great memories of 5...splashing around in bath tubs and kindergarten and a million and twenty five questions about random things, half of which I had no idea how to answer.  Yes.  I loved 5.  But man do I love 9.  And while I miss those moments of little chubby faces (granted we still have Kenedi's chubby cheeks), I'm so excited to see what's to come with my kids.

Here's the kids at 5 & 2.5 with sweet chubby cheeks.





No comments: