March 24, 2008

Will Turned FOUR!



Our little boy is growing up so fast. He was four exactly one week ago-the day that kicked off a week of celebration. We had a small family celebration on his actual birthday. Will wanted to go to Chuck E Cheeses and eat red cake with sprinkle frosting. and we did just that. We went to Chuck E Cheeses for overpriced pizza (thanks mom & dad) and then back home to eat fire engine red cake (out of a box) with sprinkle frosting. I didn't have any candles at home so we lit matches and sang really fast. Will opened two presents, some moon sand and a new umbrella.



o,

He also opened a cool pair of pants from Luca across the pond. He asked multiple times if Luca could come to his birthday party to play cars. It was very sweet. The pants have two huge benefits. First they are elastic waist which Will prefers. In fact every mornign he asks that he NOT wear button pants. Second, they are not sweatpant material-which makes me happy!. It's hard to find lots of non-button pants that aren't sweatpants.

On Saturday we had his birthday party. I wasn't quite sure what to expect for this one. Will definetely gets what birthdays are all about. Friends, parties, and goody bags. I don't think he really cares about the gifts as mucha s he does about having all of his friends in his own house. When his friend from school got out of his car, He screamed his name and ran to the door. It was so cute. the two of them just stood looking at one another giggling for a few minutes. We had 11 kids over to the house. Thank god it was sunny outside, otherwise I don't know what we would have done. I didn't realize that parent's left their kids at birthday parties. This makes sense of course...but it didn't really hit me. It was like I just adopted 5 more kids or had become an elementary school teacher. I laughed watching them pull each other in the wagon, play with the parachute, and swing ont he swingset. The best came when Will freaked out after we all sang Happy Birthday. It was a good freak out, but too funny to watch. I'm going to try to post it in the next few days. Of course he got way to many presents and ended the day on a major sugar high, but it was worth every minute!

No comments: