June 05, 2008
Tonight, we cut trees!
I love to do odd things like sweep and vacuum. I'm an immediate satisfaction type of person. tonight when i swept the kitchen floor i could immediately see that it was cleaner. I love that. I also love cutting trees, clearing brush, raking leaves, and mowing the lawn. you can immediately see the difference. so last year us kids got together and bought my dad an electric tree trimmer. he didn't get it out of the box until about 6 weeks ago. I don't think he quite understood the power of the electrical cutting saw. I had only heard about it from a friend you had bought one. she loved hers too. my dad loves tools so i thought-what a great fit. he did in fact love it. so much that he cut down every tree branch that my mom asked him too. and then, when he wasn't looking, my mom cut down more. and then, after 10 months of wanting to borrow the damn thing, i asked to borrow it (i waited 10 months because you can't be the first to borrow a new gift-especially when you bought it for the gift receiver!). It was like a tiny piece of heaven carved out of my day-we cut trees. we cut big trees, little trees, dead trees, live trees. We cut trees that didn't really need to be cut, ones that did. It was great. I started out cutting and rob watched enviously from the window I motioned for him to give it a try-i never saw the thing again. I got put in charge of cutting the large tree branches into smaller pieces so that they would fit in the recycling bin. On saturday we have to give the electrical tree trimmer back-my mom (whom i get my love of cutting trees from) wants to cut more trees. it is quite possibly my favorite yard tool to date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment