July 23, 2008

Cherry pie for Papa!


We have this cherry tree in our backyard and up until this year we've let the squirrels and birds eat the fruit. This year I decided that I'd harvest a bit of it and try my luck at a cherry pie. It's my dad's birthday tomorrow and he likes cherry pie so it was the perfect occasion. I started this afternoon by picking the hand picking the cherries. I had to take the pits out by hand too. I searched the Internet for a recipe - I'll post it tomorrow after I taste it! When I found one, i got to work. Rob headed out the door with Will for a haircut and Addison was going to go along. I thought briefly about 60 minutes of peace and quiet before I heard the garage door open and Addison crying in the background. She wasn't so happy about being without me, so...back she came. We baked the pie together which was a ton of fun.





I started cooking with Will when he was really young. He loves it even today, particularly chocolate chip cookie dough that he can eat right from the bowl. Addison loved cooking. She mixed the bowl and ate from the bowl too. It was really cute. We finised up the night with a bath in the kitchen sink-the second of the day. She likes having someone right at her level and the sink makes it a perfect playing situation.




Check out the fingernail polish - her "pretties" as she calls them.  They match her toes.  And she loves them.  What fun it is to have a little girl to hang out with!!!  

No comments: