May 08, 2009

Disneyland Part 1

We spent most of last week in Disneyland amongst some of the greatest princesses and thrill rides of all times. before I discuss the details of the trip, go back just a week or so before leaving when Rob and I finally decide to tell the kids. We'd gone back and forth about when and how we were going to tell them. Rob want a grand surprise; maybe tears of joy, hugs, and loud screams from the kids. I thought we shuld wait until the airport. We compromised and played a game of hang man at dinner with the answer "we're going to Disneyland" (which by the way is WAY to long for a 5 years olds attention span). When Will finally figured out what the answer was, is first questions was whether or not he could take a friend. So much for tears of joy! Next came the barrage of questions: How willwe get there, do airplanes ever fall?, where will we stay? Is mickey mouse real? mickey mouse is not real but how do they get the costume on? are there rides? do we have to walk a lot? Clearly my son has the logic of his mother and is more consumed with the details than the fact that we're headed to Disneyland. Addison was happy with princesses. In hindsight, I could have hired a princess to walk through the door and she would have been overjoyed (as long as it didn't have a mask on - more about that soon).

So fast forward a week...Rob, addi, and will board a plane without me en route to Long Beach. Double stroller carefully stowed away, and booster seat ready for the taxi transport, the family is off. I came on a later flight.

Here's addison waiting to take off

And Will who loved the fact that everyone had their own TV (JetBlue)

The picture at the airport that I bribed them to get.

How they really acted when I tried to get above picture. Aren't kids great!

Disney was great. We had 4 days in the park and kids loved every minute. being there brought back fond memories of when I went to Disney with my family a long time ago. In fact, when we went over to the island I could vividly remember crossing the suspension bridge with my brother and can see the picture in my mind of having my own picture taken. It's pretty cool to be able to experience it all through your kids eyes.



We spent day 1 in California Adventure. My mom of the year moment happened when I asked Will to go on Tower of Terror with me. I remember the ride being a bit scary but was impressed that he didn't either throw up or cry his eyes out while plummeting at warp speed down 18 stories. MAN! was he brave. By the end of the ride he was white as a ghost and told me that he *might* have a bas dream about the Twilight Zone. Great! Addison loved the caterpillar ride in the Bug's Life exhibit and I think the highlight of Will's day was the water raft ride.





Addison was scared of the Bug's Life interactive show, but Will thought it was pretty cool! Especially the glasses.



The next day was Disneyland. Will loved all of the action and even though he won't admit it, thought the characters were pretty cool! On more than one occasion he eagerly ran to them for a picture. Addison....not so much. she was scared of anything that had a head on it (a fake one that is)




1 comment:

Erin Walsh said...

great pics, niki. glad to hear you guys all had fun!