October 16, 2009
How to spend $300 on cookie dough
Yesterday morning marked the deadline to turn in Cookie dough orders at Will's school. You know...another fundraiser. They suck those kids in so fast with prizes and treats and this year...they went so far as to offer a LIMO ride to students that sold 24 cases of cookie dough. Will came home two weeks ago so excited to maybe ride in a 'long' car. He has no idea does he! He was gung-ho on asking everyone we knew to buy a box of cookies until he actually had to ask. At which point he could have cared less. So fast forward to last night as I was going through his backpack and Will says "Mom? was today the last day to turn in the cookie money?" Well CRAP! If I was in any running for mother of the year award it just flew out the window. I forgot to send cookie money with Will. So Rob, being the salesman he is, got on the phone, made some calls and low and behold they'll take cookie dough today too! (of course they will...) As we were looking through the prizes-which is all he wants-we realized you have to sell 24 BOXES for the limo ride. But wait...the boxes are $15 DOLLARS each. That's practically armed robbery for food that will just make me even fatter. So, because of mommy and daddy guilt (did i mention that I also found Will's picture money in his bag too-apparently when picture day came he had no idea that he had money in his bag. No money=no pictures. Gigantic crocodile tears from that one) ROb decides that we'll just buy the boxes so HE CAN WIN THE PRIZE. Seriously?! so folks...that's how you spend over $300 on cookie dough. I think i could buy a 'mommy of the year award' for that kind of cash!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my lord, you DEFINITELY win mommy (and daddy) of the year now. Save me a box of cookies, I"ll buy one. :)
Post a Comment