February 18, 2010

Daddy/Daughter Dance



Last weekend was the annual Daddy/Daughter dance up at the neighborhood Rec center. I've always forgotten to sign Addison up so this was her first year. so. excited. that about sums it up. she talked about the dance for the entire week discussing the dress, trying out moves and giving lots of hugs. On Friday when we picked her up from daycare we raced home, she picked out the perfect pink dress, and we did her hair. there was also a time out in there for when she was being mean, but because it was supposed to be a special night just for her, we won't dwell on that! Then, daddy pulled out the sweetest corsage and a special necklace just for the occasion.
this is the 'thoughtful' pose. kind of looks like they are pondering the evenings events that lie ahead.
the new necklace-it's a mood necklace. based on the past week, it's broken, because Addi has been a true woman and displayed such a range of emotions that the necklace can hardly keep up!
the corsage. SO sweet!

I think those eyes are just about the cutest things I've ever seen.

While they were gone, Will and I went to the Lego store and drooled over the biggest Lego ever (which I can't remember the name of right now). it costs a fortune and Will is now asking us to be conscious of our purchases EVERYWHERE so that we can help him save his money for it. Seriously. Tonight, we talked about his birthday party and he wants to try and keep it 'less money' so that we have more for the Legos. Is that odd? or good? I don't really know. A frugal son....I'll take that. A frugal son on a quest for legos? Does that still make him frugal? I don't know. I do know that he wants to sell all of his toys on craigslist which makes me happy because I have mommy guilt everytime i try to throw them away...

1 comment:

Cedar Hills Rob said...

She had the time of her life that night, and danced like a fool! So fun.