photo courtesy of this yummy looking online bake shop Decadent Sweetz which also makes Cake Balls (which are delicious) and are harder to make than you think.Last night we went to dinner. Just Rob and I at the Cheesecake Factory. It was delicious and quiet. There were moments when we didn't say anthing and marveled at how there were no questions being asked of us. Ahhh...the little things. We also planned out a new Star Chart for the kids.
We were of course stuffed because the Cheesecake Factory serves portions larger enough for an entire family to eat and thus we took cheesecake home (what's a trip to a factory of cheesecake without eating a piece right?) Rob snagged the Red Velvet Cheesecake, I opted for Peanut Butter chocolate-I'm a chocolate girl any day. We got home, decided to share.....the funny part of the story comes when Addison decided she wanted berry cake. We said...no...it's actually red velvet.
"how does it get red" she asked (actually it came out 'how it get red mommy?'.
"It's dye" we say. I went on to say that if she ate it, she would eat dye.
This is the part where the panic sets in.
Will's face drops and his eyes get huge. "She will die!"
"no, she will eat dye'
"You can eat die?????"
"Not die like in the ground die, but dye like food coloring" i say.
"oh, the stuff we put on cookies?" asks Will.
"yes." (we eat a lot of sugar cookies)
And then ...all was well. Why is the english language so funny? and why does red velvet cheesecake taste like nothing? Both questions, I have no answer for. You'd think something so red would have a burst of flavor. But no....just dye (or die)...

2 comments:
that was hilarious. I love this post!
I love that you actually read this stuff. I wish you wrote more on your blog...I will start commenting as extra incentive.....
Post a Comment