So we go to Sweet Tomatoes and we eat and it's delicious which is odd for a salad bar but it is. Will filled his plate with spinach and peas and corn and tomatoes and we wondered who's kid he was. Then we go home and the plan was pjs and bed -it was 6:00 - maybe a bit early but whatever-kids needed early bed time (which equals tired, whiny, and grumpy) So we get home and our sweet little neighbor who is 4 is riding his bike without training wheels. We've been talking about it for awhile - taking off Will's training wheels - but haven't done it. So...skip bedtime and pjs and take of the TRAINING WHEELS!!!!!! I can't imagine being my child sometimes because here's how the conversation goes. (I can not do quotes because I am typing on Rob's iPad and the quotes require multiple button pushing which is hard so imagine me starting the convo...
Will...want to take your training wheels off?
No. Can we watch The Upside Down Show .... Pause...it is so cute that he still watches preschool shows and loves them.
Let's just try.
Ugh!....Training wheels off...no bike helmet that fits so we compromise with his t-ball helmet which fits snuggly although lacks a chin strap. Parents of the year award right here people.
Get on Will
Please don't let go mom
Ok..... Pedal, pedal, pedal...mom let's go and Will goes down.
MOMMMMM! Only let go when I say stop bike which means let go of bike - as a side note... STOP means stop bike altogether and STOP HO!D means stop the bike but don't let Will fall over -he just needs a breather.
Pedal, pedal, pedal.......stop bike...mom lets go....and will pedals for a moment, albeit wobbly, but pedals then falls. It's actually quite funny and I laugh and that's when my neighbor steps in-much to the delight of Will.
Bottom line, Will rode a bike tonight. He pedaled a good 30 feet all by himself. It was so cute...in his t ball helmet which will be gone by this weekend. The evening ended in tears as all good first bike riding experiences should..he ran right into the curb flew over the handle bars onto his belly. I laughed because it looked like he was flying, he cried. But then I told him he looked like Superman and he laughed to. Then we went in and watched The Upside Down Show.

No comments:
Post a Comment