December 26, 2010

Thinking ahead to 2011

I'm already thinking ahead to the start of the  new year.  I love Christmas, but am always glad to see the hustle and bustle leave.  Today we just relaxed.  Hung out and took it easy.  No presents to buy. No places to go. Just us and our toys.  It felt so good.  I've already started thinking about my goals for 2011.  I like to have something to focus on each year.  As I was snooping around the internet I found this list of things to do before 2011 is here.  I love the list.  My favorites are:


4. Declutter 50 items from your home. If you don’t know where to start, start here.
8. Drop something you absolutely hate from your life. For instance, outsource the business accounts, get a fortnightly cleaner, or resign from the committee. 
11. Make a date to catch up with someone you miss. The years pass quickly – don’t neglect this one. If you already have too many people in your life, declutter your friends.
20. Teach your children to do one thing they’re old enough to take on themselves. Cooking one night a week? Their own laundry? Tidying their rooms each night?


Number 8 was already on my list.  I'm working on saying NO to commitments that keep me away from what I really want to do.  I've already written a few emails to get off of committees at work that just don't fit into my goals.  It felt great.  


If you are interested in organizing your life, the site Getorganizedwizard.com has a free giveaway right now if you 'Like' them on Facebook.  Oh Facebook....can you rule our lives any more?  I think not.  Here's the directions on how to get it for FREE!

No comments: