Actually...we left and came back! I hate leaving any details of a potential trip anywhere online for fear that monsters will break into our house and steal our computers. Really....that's all that worries. They cant ake the rest just leave us our computer with every last memory stored digitally on it.
Let's rewind to the series of events that led up to us leaving on a jet plane. It mostly centered on this:
The endless, endless, never ending, every single day of our life in the winter, and early spring RAIN that has flooded Portland. When will it end?! NEVER! That's what I was thinking in late January when I started planning a little trip to someplace sunny. Rob doesn't want to leave the country with the kids yet (he thinks we may never come back) and so we had to stay stateside and I only wanted to take a short flight. I decided San Diego and Lego Land would be perfect. We booked the trip and I was giddy for sunshine.
Then, the weather forecast in San Diego called for rain and I kid you not, I almost called the trip off. We didn't tell the kids about the trip until the day before we were leaving. I don't know why really. It wasn't like it was a surprise, it's just that the anxiety and stuff leading up to trips is almost too much for little ones to focus on. So instead we figure let's spring it on them and let them roll with the punches quickly. So since we hadn't said anything about the trip I figured we could call it off and tour PDX instead. Rob disagreed and away we went. But not on time! We were LATE on Friday getting away from the house and traffic was crappy and the result was a mad dash through the airport with me yelling 'hustle, hustle' to Addi you was pushing her skinny, long legs as fast as she could. We made it on time and with enough time to enjoy a Wendy's frosty before boarding. Thank Goodness!
Here's Will with a full belly of ice cream and ready to board.
We made it to San Diego and to the hotel around 12:30am. Just a bit late for the kids who managed to stay awake and happy through the entire flight. But then they passed out in the car
Addi asleep with puppy near by taking a face first rest into the sweet leather seats.
Will looking BIG!
March 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment