Thursday was 'Take your Child to Work Day' - a very uncelebrated day in this area in my opinion! Will has been talking about coming to school with me for the past year. Last year, his friend Eli's birthday fell on exactly the same day and they had big plans for recess so he skipped out. I lost to 15 minutes at recess and Eli. So on Thursday he got all ready and joined me for a day at high school.
He wanted to make sure that he got to do the following:
- work in the student store
- watch the kids pack up their bags and leave
- eat school lunch
- play the computer
x, x, x, x. All items complete! Will played int he student store and got to take money from customers and hand out bread sticks with the big kids. He got to jump inside the display case and write a 'For Sale' sign on the outside. His starting asking price was $2 million and then fell to $5 dollars. Still no takers. I think a 7 year old was the best birth control i could offer hormone raging teens. He watched students pack up their bags after every period and walk out the door and was a litte confused about where they went. He got to sit in my big, comfy chair and play on the computer and he even bought enough fruit snacks and breadsticks to fee da teenager. It was so fun and my own students were so nice to him. I was a bit concerned as I overheard him taking dares from the older kids....I saw high school years flash before my eyes. Trouble. That's all i could think. Plain ole trouble!


No comments:
Post a Comment