July 25, 2011

cub scout camp

At first, I googled 'cub scout mom' to find the perfect picture of a camp mom and then I felt bad.  partly because of the pictures....and partly because if you'd have seen the mom outfit I threw on this morning you'd have thought I was one of the googled images that I was too embarrassed (or sad for) to put up.  Cargo shorts with pockets, shirt, my Brooks running shoes which are meant for 85 year old unstable people, and socks pulled just above the ankles.  Ponytail in the hair and no make up.  It was great!  Rob woke up crabby and only told me after we got home what a 'mom' I looked like.

But yeah.., we went to camp today.  shot some bow and arrows, ran an obstacle course, sang some songs, cheered, stood a LOT.  My back is killing me and since i officially hit fat pregnant woman stage yesterday, I can only say that it could be a loooonnnng week.  BUT>>>>>Will is having a blast.  He loved the archery station and did great at obstacle course.  It's fun to see boys be boys.  I've got pictures but they are stuck on my phone and I don't know how to get them off just yet...

wait...here is one....taken with my cool app on my phone.

No comments: