January 04, 2012

Back to school & work

Even though I officially returned to work the week before the Christmas break, it really felt like yesterday was my first day back.   I had a lot of fun staying home with baby Kenedi.  It's so fun to have a laid back schedule.  But I find it hard to be on baby time when they are so young.  I loved the snuggles and the playing and the falling asleep in my arms.  And sure, I got lots of little projects done around the house.  But I am so bad at getting babies on the schedules that they really nees.  I swear Kenedi nursed every 90 minutes just because she could and would sleep for 30 minutes at a time at best.  In walks Katie and daycare and the  girl is eating 6 ounces at a time, sleep for 90 minute stretches and finally on a schedule.  A routine.  And for that, I am thankful.  Thankful that I could return to work so that someone could give my kids the routine they so badly need.  I just think it's hard for mommies to give out schedules because there are so many other things to get done and to do.  Especially with older kids.

Addi is SO excited to have Kenedi at daycare with her.  Beyond excited, jump in the car, seat belt on ready to go excited.  This sure beats the crying and tears we were getting each morning because she didn't want to leave Kenedi alone at home. 

In honor of our first day back, the ladies of the house all dressed in black and white!



No comments: