April 08, 2012

Easter Weekend...last year's edition

Last year I was pregnant, hungry, and tired.  A lot of things slipped through the cracks last year.  And by a lot, I mean really anything that didn't involve food or sleep for me.  no kidding.  Good news!  Easter comes every year and I have picture proof from last year!  So, here is last year's edition of Easter weekend.

I really like Easter because decorating eggs is such a quiet activity.  It's thoughtful, time consuming and peaceful.  I like those activities.  Sure, give me dress up and costumes on Halloween or presents and singing on Christmas....I like those too.  But there is something soothing about Easter.  

 Every year we stage the eggs in the kitchen.  I love that sink (it's not in the new kitchen and I miss it)
 Addi did cart wheels.  She still does cartwheels.  About 100 a day we figure.  Imagine that...100 cart wheels a day.  Whew. 

Every year Will writes a letter to the Easter bunny.  It is the sweetest thing.  If I zoomed in I bet I could read this.  Those little notes are treasures!  He works so hard on them each year and then leaves them out.  



 Last year he peed off the deck.  Which was a common occurence last year.
 He carefully sets up the note and the carrots....
 And then it is Morning!  BASKETS!!!!
 Lots of egg time (it rained last year!)




 Last year the Easter Bunny brought us Just Dance!  and we danced out hearts out at home.

 THen we headed off to Nana & Papa's for our annual easter egg hunt.


 And more just dance.  PS. Krista rocks this game.  Never place a bet against her!

Last Easter we had just returned home from a trip to Atlanta to celebrate my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary.  They are the sweetest couple and have an awesome family.  I don't think I took a single picture. 

No comments: