May 23, 2012

What's happening this week

This year more than ever we are feeling like our weeks are busier than ever.  it could be spring and the later sports practices; it may be the home improvement projects that just don't wrap up, it might be work and the demands that come with it, maybe it's because there is a third child.  I don't know.  I can't quite wrap my head around what makes life so busy other than, it is.  That kids force you to live in the now and the now is active and moving and fast.  Sure, kids want quiet and slow too, but they like active.  So what's happening this week (happened...)

* Daddy was out of town for a night.  every time one of us goes away, even to the grocery store, Addi tells us with crocodile tears welling up in her eyes that she doesn't like it when mommy and daddy leave.  
* we spent 2 hours in Target on Monday night because the house smelled of mudd from the ceiling redo.  I know what 2 hours in Target can lead to (a large bill at the end) but Rob had no idea.  Uh-oh.....
* Baseball got rained out on Monday and we all yelped with joy.  I'm not sure when 8 year old sports looked and felt like 16 year old sports but sometimes, it's too much.  A rainout was just what we needed to enjoy the night together.
* We ate dinner at Red Robin as a fundraiser for Will's school and I was reminded again how much he loves his school which makes my heart just burst with happiness.  He was miserable last year in first grade and we were miserable for him.  And now he's happy.  so happy.  We went back and forth on the decision to move him and struggled so much.  hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it?  things work themselves out perfectly
* I signed the papers for Addi to go into first grade and unless something changes, she'll be the youngest first grader in her class.  I'm feeling out of options on this one and not sure where to send her next year for kindergarten.  This decision makes me very nervous.
* Andria is in town this week and we got to have drinks together.  I wish she lived closer.  
* Kenedi is starting her nights in her crib and ending them in our bed with at least 1 bottle in between.  this girl can eat.  She is saying 'momma' and clapping which makes her so proud.
* Will & addi are swimming and learning how to do side breathing.  
* we got a new sonicare toothbrush for the kids because I was at the dentist and had to listen to a young gal getting a tooth 'extracted'. After I threw up from the sounds this poor thing was making, I grabbed the last one of the shelf.   If a toothbrush can keep that situation as far away from me as possible, i'm in!  I told the kids about the extraction and the awful noises and just as I was finishing up the story I realized I probably shouldn't have shared it.  they are FREAKED out about the dentist though.  On the upside, they are using the new toothbrush without hesitation. 
*Katie is on the road to recovery and there is a glimmer that normal will return.  Katie has been our constant for the last 5 years and it's been a tough last few months.  

No comments: