I have a series of emails dating back to December 2010 in my inbox that all have pictures attached to them. Usually things I want to remember or document here so that one day when I print this fancy blog into some sort of fancy book, the kids will remember. I'm so far behind on these that now I'm trying to time with at least the same month that the original picture was taken.
This one comes from June 2011. They look like babies. All round faced and chubby cheeked. The big kids are growing up so fast. Some days the world still moves in little kid time. These two still snuggle every night together on the bottom bunk. It's been months since Addi slept on the top bunk. Companionship is funny that way. They each have their own blankets and snuggle up alone but by the morning, they are curled up next to each other. I love it. And i just keep my fingers crossed that the conversation never comes up at school, especially with Will, so that some other kid doesn't say 'you sleep with your sister?!' and he decides that it's not cool anymore. Kids grow up so fast. innocence is bliss in my book. This is sweet and I don't mind it sticking around for awhile. Before bed each night they both grab their books, sometimes Addi still chooses from the library of Bernstein Bears books we have and they turn on their reading lights and read for as long as we'll let them. Addi always tires out before Will and asks him to turn out her light and set her book aside. And she usually tells him goodnight while he finishes his chapter.
Will still asks every night if Rob or I will snuggle with him and I kick myself for not doing it more often. I'm sure that will end sooner than I want. They love to hear stories about how we grew up and what we did for fun. They also like it when we tell stories about when they were babies. It really is so sweet. Addi is our early bird, usually up before 7 and Will is our late sleeper. I envision weekends where he doesn't roll out of bed until after lunch in our future.
May 30, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment