October 10, 2013

Running....

Lots of running at this house these days.  Last weeks the kids finished their second jog-a-thon for school.  Will came in with 27 laps and Addi had 18.   Will was EXHAUSTED when I picked him up.  So tired.  And his legs ached for the rest of the weekend.  He was trying to outpace the fastest girl in his class and ended up tiring out around lap 12.  He stretched, and got right back at it.  Addi took the slow and steady approach.  18 seems pretty darn good for that.  





And I finished the wettest half marathon ever back in September with Erin.  It was the most beautiful course along the Banks-Vernonia trail.  There was an awesome tree canopy and gorgeous scenery.  But it was so WET!  6 inches that weekend and it felt like 5 came down in the 2 hours that we ran.  At the end, I must have squeezed a cup of water from my socks.

No comments: