We've been under strict decorating mode this past weekend and I have a TON of do it yourself projects to show off. Now that I'm almost done with them all I can scream from the rooftops RUN TO THE DOLLAR STORE AND SPEND! I kid you not this place has got the secret gems of the holiday season. At one point, i was sitting on the floor of the store hoarding ornaments from another shopper. it was bad. I swear to you that there is so much wonderful holiday do it yourself-ness there that a girl could spend some serious buck (and it's only a dollar.)
We decorated gingerbread houses last weekend...before thanksgiving. you'd think that these things would be easy but they really aren't. Will picked out the mini gingerbread houses which was almost impossible for my fat little fingers to put together. I secretly wanted to break out the glue gun but was concerned that I may poison my lovely children and that would be awful. So, we used icing. I'm not gonna lie, this is a holiday tradition that I could get rid of. Maybe replace it with eating yummy cookies? i don't know. Nonetheless, we have pictures to prove that it was done just one more year...

if you can't tell, I am very confused here. slightly angry that rob won't put the houses together, but mostly confused...


you'll notice here that i frosted the entire house-everything. this did not make will happy as it resulted in no front door or windows, just a house completely covered in snow. i told him to pretend there was a blizzard.




and there is the finished product my friends!





No comments:
Post a Comment