Where did you go? And why did you take the first 1/3 of November with you? We have been so busy that I feel like I should throw in the bag on this month and just prepare like hell for December. True? Please let me know. This mom needs a little help!
So. Um. Yeah. Where did October go? I have no idea. Here’s a recap (likely to be long) of what we did. I wrote this as a took a stroll through my iPhoto, fondly looking at the memories. I love having picture memories…even if there are never any words to match!
We took our first trip to the pumpkin patch early this year because we always seem to hit it on the rainy cold, wet days. Instead this year…we got there on opening day when NO ONE ELSE was there! Not quite the same feel but at least we’re in shorts!
October also marked the big 3-0 for me. Who ever said 30 was bad…didn’t have a cool family and friends to celebrate with like me! We went bowling first


and then Rob threw a BUNCO party for the non-kid crowd. So much fun. As all good BUNCO parties do…this one ended with a dance party starring Lyndsey and Rob.
Then everyone got sick…well the kids did first…colds, coughs ear aches, and fevers. We had family pictures right in the middle of it all. One would think I’d cancel, reschedule…but nope…the show MUST go on! It was cold, and Addison was sick (can you tell?!) but we still got some great shots.
Then I got sick. No swine here but a REALLY bad sinus infection that made feel like I could have died. And then when it was all gone…We went on a bike ride. Will kicked butt and rode around the entire downtown areas for 2hours-rockin’ the training wheels the whole time. He is SO close to having those bad boys taken off. Addison got the best seat in the house, on the back of a bike all snuggled up to Daddy. She fell asleep quickly.
The next weekend we went back to the pumpkin patch because we wanted to enjoy it in the rain and mud. I think the kids liked this version more-more authentic I suppose.
And with double the pumpkins…we carved our way to Halloween bliss.
Then Addison got her first haircut. Yes …first one ever. It was a homemade one which usually turn out horribly, considering I’m the cutter. But this one was easy-straight across the bottom. Just enough to cut all the stringy ends off.
Our month ended with our neighborhood Halloween party. So much fun to see the kiddos all dressed up. This year, rob laid out the poodle outfit as a little ‘nudge, nudge’ and for once I obliged and actually put it on. A few notes about the poodle outfit…I have had it since 7th grade. Since 7th grade I have worn it probably 15 times. It has never been washed. The skirt goes great year after year, with the clothes in my closet. These are the costumes I love the most. Rob went as a storm trooper and the kids dressed up as Anakin skywalker and a princess. Such a fun night with a ton of candy. Good thing my kids could give or take candy in general otherwise it woud be sugar overload around here!
Here's to a much s.l.o.w.e.r. November...
















































1 comment:
I can;t believe you still have the poodle outfit! classic.
Post a Comment