Working with my dad on his blog, I've been pushing myself to learn new, easy tips that I can pass along to him that make his blog personal and fun. Once such thing is a signature at the bottom of posts. I've seen these on other people's posts and think they are a fun way to add a personal touch. I set forth to my friend google and ta-da! have a how to create a signature tutorial for you:
1. Go to My Live Signature. this is one of (i'm sure) many signature websites that let you choose the perfect signature that represents you.
2. Click o the 'Click Here to Start' link in the middle of the page
3. Choose the first option 'Using the signature creation wizard' this is the easiest!
4. Follow the steps on screen...type your name as you want it to appear in your signature
5. Go through the options (there are 100+) of how you want the signature to look (I chose #3)
6. Click Next step at the bottom
7. Choose the size of your font. This is how large it will appear at the bottom of your post (I chose 4). Then click Next.
8. Don't change the text color unless you know the color code (i left mine blank). CLick Next
9. Choose the slope of your signature ( I chose 3). Click Next
10. Click 'want to use this signature' link on the next page
11. Click 'Generate HTML' on the next page
12. Click 'Generate code for my handwritten signature on the next page.
13. A box titled "Generated HTML Code for your signature will appear that has a series of letter and numbers in it. Copy this by highlighting it all and right clicking to 'copy'
14. If you are using blogger...here are the next steps....
15. Open the blogs layout page and click on settings.
16. Scroll down to the Post Template box and paste the code (CTRL+V) into it.
17. Click on Save Settings.
18. If you are using a Wordpress, you can paste the HTML code directly into the bottom of your post. Right now, I can only figure out how to do this so you paste it each time. There must be another way....I'll investigate.

2 comments:
awesome! You're the best. :)
Now I want one but I don't want to a follower. I'll wait a little while.
Post a Comment