March 31, 2010

What we're doing today

Here;s what we're up to right now...
1. Recovering from spring break with friends and family. Aunt Cari was in town from Indiana and she met addison for the first time. Will vaguely remembers her (although it could be that 'i do mommy, i do remember' when really he doesn't. I don't know). Both were THRILLED to have her all to themselves for at least a day. Aunt Cari is kind and loving and cherishes every moment. She is always on the brink of tears awaiting the day she has to leave. Anyhow....the week was full of breakfasts, dinners, more dinners, and lots of foosball.

2. Recovering from Aunt Cari leaving. Last night we went out to eat at Claim Jumpers (they have the BIGGEST servings EVER) and had to say good bye to aunt cari and grandma. It was all a little too much for Will who spent hours. 3+ hours crying after he realized he may not see either of them for awhile. "My heart hurts" - those were his exact words and they just about sruches Rob and I. what 6 year old says that? He proceeded to cry uncontrollably the entire trip home at which point he ran to his room where Aunt Cari left him a special gift- a picture and a card. Well this just set him over the edge. He HAD to write aunt cari a note back and was adamant that she get it before she left. at 10:45 he finally fell asleep in our bed and tossed and turned All. night. long! He made that crying sound where you can't catch your breath all night long. It was a long night. Aunt Cari...you must come back in June. For the love of Will....June.

3. Catching up. I've been working with my dad here building his blog. I never thought he'd catch on as quickly as he has and now...we'll i've got enough work to keep me busy with that alone. SO cool what the web can do for small businesses. It's the ultimate power at your fingertips.

4. Getting ready for a presentation that I have to give to a group of adults in two weeks. Adults...not kids. It's about technology and teaching and the classroom. Whew! a one hour presentation. Why is it that I procrastinate every time I have something like that to do?

5. Inspired by so many things (most recently Food Revolution) I'm working on getting ALL processed food out of our cupboards. Hard to do my friends...hard to do. We cook almost every night at home so the cooking homemade is easy, it's making your own cream of chicken soup that gets a little dicey. I've spent hours scouring the internet for ideas and am working on the perfect working solution for our family.

6. Finishing up two FUN projects. One for me and one for someone else. I'm so close. so close. Almost too close like I may never finish but I WILL. my goal is to finish this weekend on both of them. pictures to follow.

7. nursing a bad leg pain that is the result of running way too much. ok so not really too much but Whew! more than I have done in a LONG time. Thanks to running buddies whom keep me motivated and going. But the leg thing...it hurts. really bad hurts. think we need more stretching in my life-i've got time at 4:00am for that...i think i'll sleep in!

8. Planning out our summer...classes...vacations...CUBS in Seattle!!! I'm brainstorming some ideas for the neighborhood kids. Could be fun.

9. Thinking about a special project for someone else that is yet to be started. It is however taking up a lot of my thoughts because I want it just perfect. Ever have one of those? It deserves to perfect!

10. Enjoying my kiddos. 6 years old. can you believe it? And Addi is growing so big so fast. it all happens too fast.

11. mulling over ideas for the future endeavors that rob and i talk about all the time. We are never at a loss for new ideas!

hugs!

1 comment:

Erin Walsh said...

You're really an amazement to me. You always have so much going on but you seem to be able to keep it all together. You're a multi-tasking genius!