January 24, 2013

These kids of ours.

There are some days when I take a step back, relax for a minute, and think about how lucky we are to have THESE kids of ours.   Each of them are so different in their own little way.  I picked up the kids from school today at their classroom doors.  I could hear Wil's laugh before I even got to the front of the pick up line.  His teacher was laughing at his antics and when I finally got a peek at him, he was filled with so much joy.  Laughing with his classmates.  They were playing a game where one person sat in a chair trying to stay solemn faced while the other 4 tried to make them laugh.  Will's teacher was explaining it to me and then she says 'and he lasted all of 2 seconds.  His laugh is just infectious!'  Infectious!?  Why can't I always see the infectious nature to Will's outbursts of laughter?

And then when I turned the corner to Addi's room I could see her diligently picking up boxes of books and carefully making sure that pencils were in order.  Anything. Everything that her teacher asks her to do.  Addi is diligent and thorough and such a good helper.  When I get to school on time and can pick her up at the door she is OVERJOYED to see me.  Jumping up and down waving her arms mouthing 'HI MOMMY!'  It is so special.  She runs out a gives BIG hugs and I look around and realize that, that doesn't happen with everyone else.  She's a special little gal that just overflows with love.

And then the three of us chatted in the car about swim lessons and the 'what if' we put Kenedi in swim lessons and how she would probably poop in the water because she poops in bath tub almost every time she gets in it. And we laughed.  And then we picked up Kenedi and everyone raced to the door to grab her cute little self. When Katie's door opened there she was, so proud that there we all WERE!  She raised her arms like she'd just won an award.  

Being a mom is tough, it's long hours and so many dinners to make and lunches to pack and messes to clean up and tupperware to put back over, and over, and over (kenedi loves to get tupperware out).  But these little kiddos of ours, there worth it. They sure are worth it.    


Kenedi.  1 year ago.  Just learning to crawl and LOVING hats. 

No comments: