January 06, 2008

A new year's resolution

sometimes I imagine our life as a record playing the same tune over and over and over and over and over. The record includes various "must do's" like weight loss, getting more organized, cooking healthier, getting up earlier (or when my alarm actually goes off), the list is long. There is however one tune that we are going to try really, really hard to change this year. That's blogging more. So many great things come out of blogging. First our long distance family can catch up on our family with just a click of a button. They can then text us via cell phones about this and that and then finally, one day, we'll actually talk on the phone (ha-ha). Second, it's a great way to capture memories for the family. When Will was first born Rob and I were religious about capturing the days activities in his journal. It was easy then, we had one little being to take care that didn't move much and time on our hands to write and write and write. Now, things are a little different. Rob and my work schedules pull us in all different directions, the kids are busy, and our schedule seems to get full so fast. By the time the kids are in bed and settled, all we want to do is climb onto the couch and get caught up in some trashy reality TV (Rob's favorite right now is Snoop Dogg;s reality Tv show.) This has left Addison's journal very, very slim.  I have these visions of my kids reading through a blog when they are older and laughing at how ridiculous their parents were and remembering fondly on memories of their childhood. The third thing I like about blogging is that it alleviates the guilt factor for me not scrapbooking and capturing the pictures somewhere. I secretly want to be a power scrapbooker, making great layouts and pictures and "art." But whew, the time that goes into that stuff and the money..more power to those ladies. Maybe one day I'll do it. Until then, I am vowing to not be a broken record on this little item.

To make things easier, Rob got me this cool new laptop for Christmas, a Macbook. I've mostly been a PC person, but there is something about how cute and cuddly macs are. They make you want to work on them. in fact, i sometimes go searching for reasons to get on this thing. So here I am laying in bed under a new heating blanket (thanks mom) typing away, planning to make this a nightly practice.

all I can say is wish me luck...

1 comment:

Cedar Hills Rob said...

She is so funny with her smile. What a goof ball. Thanks for writing these honey!