October 04, 2010

busy

Life just gets busy some times doesn't it.  Rob was gone last week and with him not around, I get a little behind.  I've had a ton of grading to do already this school year and have been asked to present at an upcoming conference about technology soon and so I've got that to tend with.  Then I decided that i want to live a minimalist lifestyle - you know those people that literally own 100 things.  Total. like their whole house. Including clothes.......who am i kidding.  But I would like to get rid of some stuff.  So my goal has been 40 things a day.  It's easy on the weekends, but man...on the weekdays....I am pulling things left and right.  I started this morning at 5am in the shower.  I look right into the closet and spied 2 shirts that have gone unworn for at least a year....after I dried off I pulled them off the hanger and away they went to the Goodwill pile.  As I type this, I'm pulling down sheets of paper for projects that have been 'just waiting' to be done.  The projects that I stare at each night wishing I had more time.  Really though, that dress that I wanted to sew...I know deep down that it is way more effort than it is worth and so, I donate the pattern.  Later, sometime later in life, I will pull my sewing machine back out.  But right now, it just doesn't fit.  

And so, we stay busy.  Good busy though.  The kids are growing so much each day that the busy is good.  It's just busy.  

No comments: