September 30, 2010

a few days away

That's my dad!  He looks so nice all dressed up standing there.  Rob and my dad are in Cincinnati (headed home soon) for business.  Actually, they're probably sitting at a Reds game right now throwing back a few beers.  Whatever the case, there's dad struttin' the suit.  When I talked with Rob today he mentioned that it was so nice to have my dad along for the trip (he usually doesn't travel on business with Rob although he's involved in his business quite a bit).  Why, I asked.  'Because he thinks like you...so analytical' he says.  On most days Rob says that I'm the bubble burster not analytical.  I love that I picked up the analytical thinker gene from my dad.  I may not be able to walk into a room and be the center of attention, I certainly can't dance like my mom, but I can think about problems.  That's not a bad trait is it?  

In other news, we can't wait for Rob to be back.  His patience around here is like a little gift.  That, and the fact that he can play a mean game of Legos.  Which I can not.

2 comments:

Erin Walsh said...

Morgan calls me the dream killer. Awesome.

Niki said...

Maybe we can run off and live in our own cynical world together. I can tell you what....we'd be organized realistic, and down to earth. Our dreams would be well thought out and planned accordingly. That's not a bad thing...right?