It's a GIRL! This little being that has been kicking my insides for the last 3 weeks is actually a future gymnast or acrobat or runner or whatever it may be that never stops moving! We've had the big ultrasound today and there were the girl parts bright as day. In that moment right before they tell you what it is, I was convinced that it was a boy. The lady was all focused on the parts and I could have sworn that I saw something and then it turned out to just be something else. I can't remember what. Those pictures are so hard to see! I have no idea how the technicians can read ultrasounds all day.
While we were in the little room, which is dark and a bit cold, and the hum of the machine was just loud enough, Rob fell asleep. We'd been in there awhile because they couldn't get a good picture of her heart because she kept flipping over and over. So, while the technician went back and forth looking I glanced over at Rob and his eyes were shut and he was dozing off! I guess that 's what we get for the 3rd child huh!
So then, Rob picked the kids of from childcare and I had no idea that he was letting the suspense build the entire trip home. And then Addi jumps out of the car and runs to me and I say quickly 'it's a girl!' Right then, I ruined the surprise. Good lord I'm good at that! I had no idea! I was just thinking she would be excited about a sister. Well turns out, she wanted a boy. So did Will. So now we have a little bit of coaxing about the fact that there will be a new little girl in the house in a few months. I'm pretty sure they'll come around though...who can resist a sweet little girl?!
April 08, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment