Addison loves to play mommy. She has this baby that when she pushes hard enough on her tummy she cries or whimpers or laughs or says 'ma-ma'. She treats the doll like her baby and you can see how adult's actions are reflected in the behaviors of little ones. She loves that baby so much. A few weeks back, I was snuggling in bed with her and baby. Addi was making the baby cry so that she could pretend to change her diaper. All the while she quietly whispered "it's ok baby. I fix it." Then she'd push again and the baby would cry and she'd change it again. Again a push, and finally 'ma-ma' in that weird electronic slo-mo voice. Well that's the que of a job well done and Addi cuddles up to the baby. That same night she decided baby was hungry because she kept crying (not that the repeated beatings did anything for baby). So she decides she wants the bottle which we can't find. 'It's ok mommy' she says, 'I can feed baby' and up she lifts her shirt to nurse that little doll. Oh my god I just about died. At first she couldn't find the 'pieces' because she has no boobs. Sooo she felt around and decided somewhere between her chin and her belly button would do. I tried so hard not to giggle as she pretend to make baby suckling noises. She fell asleep that night 'nursing' baby. (ps...thanks to all my nursing mom friends that let Addison take very explicit lessons every time you come over. Clearly you are doing some thing right!)
So tonight we come home from The Old Country Buffet (yep-another buffet) and she decides baby is tired again. She picks her up, drops her off at Nana's house (her room) and proceeds to grab her purse, sunglasses, and fake credit card. Off she goes 'dancing' she says. Well, baby decides to pee 'all over Nana's cage (code for crib-because she says they look like the same things -- she has a point) so she ends her dance party and goes to grab baby. Baby ends up as a lovely accessory to the evening complete with wine glasses full of water and pearls. So cute. But then I wonder, is that she thinks I do when I drop her off at Nana's? I have no idea but I can tell all you all reading, I have not been dancing in a LONG time. Now the wine...that's a different story. Cheers!
To cool for school...

With baby bottle in tow....

And now with pearls and fake credit cards...

No comments:
Post a Comment