August 21, 2010
"I can't go to sleep this, or this way"
Tonight, after we had tucked Addi snuggly in bed with her favorite stuffed animal, she was not asleep. Slowly, over the summer, she has stopped crying herself to sleep at night. Not really a cry but a yell/cry without any tears. She's done it since the day she was born. But slowly, over the summer, she's been going to sleep quietly, usually talking to herself. Tonight, I wandered back in to check on her and she said to me..."Guess what!?" "i can't go to sleep this way" (turns her head to the left) "or this way" (turns her head to the right) "and i don't want to lay like this" on her back looking at the ceiling. "What should I do" she asks me. I told her to close her eyes real tight and she told me "they just won't stay shut mommy!" Love that girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment