October 14, 2011

Today I am thankful for...



1.  Fall Mornings that warrant at least 2 cups of coffee (and a baby that doesn't mind it so  much)
2.  My minivan (the MV for short) that can haul around a zillion kids and all of their stuff without batting an eye.  It may not look pretty but darn is it functional!  I pulled up to the gas station a few nights ago to fill up after soccer practice and the young 19 year old attendant said 'got plans for the night' ...he was just being polite because I had 5 kids in a minivan.  I looked at him and looked back at my car and he says 'oh...you're doing the soccer mom thing huh?'  Bless his heart.  One day he will have a minivan and love it too.
3.  That Kenedi is somewhat getting on a schedule.  She's only up once at night for a feeding which is perfect and she sleeps in long enough to get everyone else ready and out the door.  She took her first nap yesterday in her crib which was happy and sad.  Happy because I put her down and had two free arms to work with and sad because that is one less nap in my arms all cuddly and warm.  

4.  Yard maintenance folks.  I met with one last night and he's coming over in a week to do a major yard clean up.  I just can't find the time to get out there a fill green yard debris cans these days.  Don't get me wrong, I love doing it, but when it's dark by 6 and soccer is every night, there just isn't time.  He suggested waiting another week so more leaves could fall....I like his style. 
5.  Pumpkin patch visits!  And the great pictures that will follow.
6. Cute family pictures and inspiring blog posts about how best to display them.
7.  That my kids are in schools that they love.  I haven't always felt this way about Will and now he's at a school that he loves and you can just see it every time I drop him off and pick him up.  This is such a better feeling than the battle that used to happen every morning.  

1 comment:

Cedar Hills Rob said...

My favorite time of year! Pumpkins, leaves changing colors, corn mazes, crisp air...

Can't wait to be home to see how big the kids got this week.