July 07, 2010

The Cabin

 I have such fond memories of the cabin from when I was younger (and as an adult too!) It's always so much fun to take the kids up there and experience what every summer break was for me. My mom used to drive us kids up at the beginning of the week, usually with another family of kids, and then we'd play at the lake, eat hot dogs and gamble away sweet tarts on games like rummy and war. If there is one 'must do' on my summer to do list, the cabin is it.

We spent last week up at the cabin living out of a borrowed RV. There were quite a few of us up there and so we thought the extra room would help. We arrived a few days early and played on a quite beach in the sand.  What is it about kids and water....No matter how cold it is, they are always willing to jump in?
 I, however, preferred the beach chair and my book (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for anyone that cares!)

Becasue Will is so into games, I taught him how to play War and it nearly consumed our weekend.  War, double war, and gotcha! were common phrases. 
Here's Will and Rob playing a game-I think Will won this one.
 I know he won the one...I'm not sure I won a game all weekend!

Aside from War, we spent a lot of time at the Lake building really cool sandcastles and forts, playing on the boats, riding bikes, and lounging around in swimsuits. 



No comments: