So yesterday was anything but normal! We crammed so many fun activities into one day (without any meltdowns) that I could hardly believe it. A summer wedding at the beach got Rob and I thinking that maybe we should just take the whole day to play along the coast. We headed out in the morning...destination Seaside and got side tracked by a rest area and a fun little hike. I love my husband (for many reasons) because he will actually do the hike at the rest station (I associate rest station with peeing and weird people oh and truck drivers) and what do you know...it's a pretty damn good hike. This was the bridge that ran over the stream that Will floated sticks down. This was just the start...
We got lots of pictures on the bridge because it was so pretty!

Most of the hike looked like this
Sometimes it's hard for me to fathom the sheer size of the trees in the forest. SO BIG! And since we were near the coast, there were several trees that had been blown down in the big wind storm a few years ago. How does a tree that large just blow down? I don't know.
We ended the hike by scratching the kids' names into a tree. We told them we'd be back next year to see what things looked like. Will was so excited.
Then we headed off to the beach. I was hoping for a bright sunny sky, but it was overcast and kind of misty, but warm. I love taking photos of the kids at the beach. I swear I have the same picture of Will jumping the waves from 4 years ago...
The kids usually always grab sticks first...
Then they inch their way into the water
Addison didn't like her shorts getting wet at the bottom and so she kept holding them up. Will couldn't get wet enough!
Then we get the action shots which are my favorite because they just capture how much FUN the kids are having!
Then there is the usual self portrait...
And then the shot of Rob and I in which we always laugh at the double chin or odd smile that results.
From the beach... we went North to Astoria. I'll have to add those photos tomorrow because I am pooped!

















No comments:
Post a Comment