As i type this I am curled up in a hotel room bed with about a dozen pillows propping me up and my laptop on my lap. I'm at the Oregon gardens which is the most beautiful place I've seen in a long time and I have hopes to come back again and again. The hotel here is cute and gorgeous all at the same time and while I haven't even had time tos troll the gardens, I know they are fabulous. I'm speaking at a conference tomorrow about technology in the classroom and in exchange, they gave me a free night here. Here's what I love about getting away for a night alone:
1. a quiet car ride (with NPR on)
2. a quiet check in
3. time to think...i've seriously gotten more things done in the last 3 hours than the last 3 weeks. for me, I have to be outside of my element -the house where i get sidetracked by a zillion little things
5. the peacefulness of eating a hamburger at having a glass of wine at 10:30 at night while reading a book listening to some random singer belt our margaritaville in the hotel bar. I was that girl
4. quiet. ahhhh the quiet.
What I miss...
1. my husband
2. my kids
3. my bed
(in that order)
Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment