September 18, 2010

In recent news...

Will lost his second tooth yesterday (wednesday night...I am posting this half started post a few days later!). Two nights ago I begged him to pull it and instead he firmly decided that keeping the tooth in was the best idea. Why? Because he wanted the tooth to fall out at school so that he could take a trip to the principal's office -which is next door to the health office. As planned, the tooth came home in a little film container already to be placed under the pillow.

I'm remembering how difficult the first weeks of school are for everyone. So much excitement but the change is sometimes a bit too much. New faces, new names, new energy.  It's all a lot to take in.  For me, memorizing 200+ name sof my own students is proving to be extra hard this year.  I aim for 2 weeks and thus far I'm only at 50%.  Ugh!  There's nothing worse than forgetting your student's names.

Soccer in the rain is fun.  Today Will did a slide tackle thing on the grass and man did it look fun!  Also, there is the most happy mom on our team that I swear never has a bad day.  How do people do that?

7:00pm bedtimes make our house a more pleasant place to be.  I know when the kids read this next summer they'll be laughing that they ever willingly, without a peep, went to bed around 7:00pm.  But it's true.  Anything later and we are setting ourselves up for disaster.  In a perfect world I could use the new found freedom for productive work.  I'm bound and determined to get our photo books in order.  But...I can't seem to stay awake. 

I love coupons.  I  must write this because I am working hard to chronicle OUR life, not just our kids.  And quite frankly, I'm addicted to cutting coupons.  This has its pros and cons. 

No comments: