September 06, 2010

Summer is over...

cue the sad music....

If the cold weather wasn't evidence enough, the alarm clock going off at 5AM tomorrow morning will most certainly be proof that summer vacation is in fact over.  What a ride!  We had so much fun this summer playing with friends, taking LOTS of swimming classes (there were weeks when I felt that all we did was swim!) and vacationing to the cabin.  The kids are tired...scratch that...exhausted and I think they are as happy to see a more strict schedule come their way as Rob and I are.  I do love flexible bedtimes that mirror the sun sets of summer, but I was oh so excited to see both kids back in bed by 7:30 tonight.  Will is still awake but I think that it's mostly nerves for his big day tomorrow.

Tomorrow, Rob and I will walk a FIRST grader into a new school and a new teacher. He loved Mrs. Kirkley so much and I just hope that his first grade experience is as great for him.  He sat down with Rob tonight to fill out his 'Welcome to First Grade' form for his teacher and his three goals for this year were to:

  1. Not go to the principal's office unless he was sick
  2. get good letters on his report card
  3. make marshmallow creations (a super fun activity from kindergarten)
He also wanted to let his new teacher know that he toots a lot and that sometimes his toots smell.  I had Rob leave that part out...for everyone's good really.  

We tried to cram as many activities into the last week...the Beavers game today, the Pittock Mansion last week, the Rose Garden.  If nothing else, we can at least feel like we made the most of it tomorrow morning as drag ourselves out of bed!

No comments: