December 28, 2009

If you could make two recipes right now...

These should be them: 

Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls


be very prepared to make 7 of your friends dreams come true as you magically appear with cinnamon rolls on their doorsteps because this recipe makes a TON of gooey, sweet goodness.  And the maple frosting...I have to admit i thought twice about that maple frosting.  with coffee in it?  EWWW but,,,I'm a BELIEVER in coffee flavored maple frosting (it really tastes nothing like coffee).  I also made a standard powdered sugar frosting just in case.  This worked great for dipping sugar cookies in.  Yep.  I'm resourceful!  plus I don't like anything to go to waste.

And the mac and chz.  not your standard Kraft version here.  The cheeses she recommends are perfect.  but feel free to throw in any cheese you have.  I put cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and some white cheese into a batch.  the white cheese could have been jack, maybe mozzarella, maybe it was spoiled.  I don't know.  It was delicious with onions and bacon though! 

ps.  my mom (who should have her own cookbook because she's an awesome cook. oh and she sews too and she gardens and grows the biggest, prettiest roses and dahlias on the block, and she runs with me too and the lady at macy's says she has the most gorgeous skin ever.  I'm not kidding.  Don't hate her...she's my mom! ) got me the Pioneer Woman cook book for xmas.  Perfect gift for all people women (even those that don't cook).  she's hilarious and gives step-by-step pictures all along the way.  Even me who never follows a recipe as to keep up.  Love it!

1 comment:

Erin Walsh said...

I made those very cinnamon rolls on christmas morning. I did choose regular frosting over maple but maybe next time we'll give the maple a go. :)