December 06, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree!



Could not have ASKED for a better day yesterday to go get our tree.  What is with this weather?!  Sun is shining and if it wasn't 32 degrees outside, I might venture out to do some yard work or something.  

This year, as in every year past that I can remember, the ENTIRE Hawkins clan suited up for Tree cutting cheer.  We explored a new tree farm this year with reindeer, santa, turkeys, ducks, and free hot chocolate (free is not a common word at u-cut tree farms around here...).  We had so much fun.  

We are happy, happy, happy to be cutting out tree down.

Rob is confused, confused, confused because no one can make up their mind about whether or not we like this tree.  Turns out we didn't.


because we liked this one.  Let me add here that Will got to pick the tree out.  At first he want a bushy one, douglas firs I think.  I cringed.  Ornaments never stay on these kind of trees, plus they are too big for the little corner carved out just for our tree.  So when Rob was down there, ready to cut, i was slightly sad.  and then Will yelled "STOP!" and i secretly smiled.  YEAH  a tree with holes and sturdy branches.  Maybe Will and I can read minds...

Rob is now happy, happy, happy again because we are 99.9% sure this is the ONE.


And here is Will seeing Santa for the second time.  Today at the mall, when we saw another Santa, Will was like "no mom...I think he's got it already..."  He's so sweet and innocent here.  Asking Santa about where he should leave the cookies and whether or not Santa will make it to Nana and Papa's house



It was even nice enough for a family photo


Here is the finished product, set with presents and everything.  Last year, Will helped wrap presents and for some reason I thought he may forget that little bit.  As he was delivering wrapped gifts to the tree, he asked how many were left for him to wrap...that means one of two things.  I have to go buy more gifts for him to wrap, or I unwrap a few under there and let him give it a go.  So much for planning ahead!

And just because, here's our front windows with ornament wreaths!  






No comments: